In my last post I spoke about my Injuries but today I want to share with you my road to recovery.
I tried many techniques to help speed up my healing process and strengthen my body for example:
The Bowen technique
- Bowen is a holistic remedial body technique that works on the soft connective tissue (fascia) of the body. Bowen therapy can be used to treat musculoskeletal or related neurological problems including acute sports injuries and chronic or organic conditions. Bowen therapy is performed on the superficial and deep fascia.
- Bowen Therapy may offer relief from pain, long-term injuries and illnesses, improved health and flexibility, improved sporting performance, relaxation, and emotional and mental well-being
- Magnets have been used in alternative medicine for conditions ranging from systemic illnesses to joint pain. Some have proposed using magnets to help heal bone fractures. The idea is that magnets might improve circulation and increase blood flow, and thus the delivery of nutrients, to the fractured bone.
- General rule to follow is black side of magnet on injury and red on the kidney
Floatation Therapy at Emma James Physio
The floatation tank is like a giant Epsom bath, heated to body temperature. It creates an environment similar to the Dead Sea. The are many benefits to a float, here are just a few:
- Improve heart and circulatory health
- Stimulate Lymphatic Draining – easing muscle pain
- Lower blood pressure
- Relieve stress
- Relieving and manipulating the muscles in my back.
- Stretching exercise specifically for my lower back/lumbar region and my quads and hamstrings which have become very tight due to the tension in my back.
- Pilates work – building up the muscles in my back and core
- Lots of body weight exercises and using resistance bands.
It has now been 4 months since my injury and pretty much back to full health. I still focus heavily on building up more core by doing Pilates work and I also stretch loads as I still get stiff down the right side of body and through my lower back. On the positive side I have learnt so much about my body and what I am capable of, I have also learnt my limitations and sometimes it’s ok not to push yourself to 100% max!
The human body is amazing.
>>> Useful Info: